Pumpkin Spice Lattes are upon us, which means the fall festivities are in full swing! There are so many fun activities, outdoor festivals, and little towns to visit during the refreshing fall season in DFW, that it’s hard to just pick a few. It’s not strange for our family to visit several pumpkin patches throughout the season, as each one tends to offer a variety of fun activities for the kids.
So next time you find yourself wanting to go do something fun in this gorgeous weather, pick one (or several) things off this list (with social distancing in mind), go grab your pumpkin spice latte, and
1. Hike through the changing colors at the Trinity River Audubon Center in Dallas.
2. Explore the dinosaur footprints at Dinosaur Valley State Park.
3. Take the annual stroll through Autumn in the Arboretum and capture the obligatory pumpkin shots.
4. Host a front yard (or backyard) Tailgate Party during a Cowboys Game.
5. Run/walk/ the YMCA Turkey Trot 5k. Doesn’t fall just make you want to run a 5k?
6. Go to the State Fair of Texas Drive Thru and fill up on your favorite fair foods from the comfort of your car!
7. Make an acorn painting.
8. Make a trip out to Yesterland Farms and enjoy hayrides, bounce houses, and yummy food.
9. Enjoy the cooler weather and pay a visit to the animals at the Dallas Zoo.
10. Walk with the dinosaurs at the Heard Museum of Nature & Science.
11. Have a family chili cookoff and see who can make the best chili!
12. Go with a group of friends to the Gentle Zoo to enjoy their fall festivities.
13. Grab your costume and head to Six Flags Over Texas for trick-or-treating by day OR a spookier time at night!
14. Take advantage of the earlier nights and play a game of flashlight tag.
15. Bring some blankets and watch a kid-friendly movie from the comfort of your car at the Drive-in Theater in Ennis.
16. Ride bikes or walk with wagons down the GORGEOUS Swiss Avenue.
17. Stroll through White Rock Park, collecting leaves for kids’ art projects.
18. Play in the pumpkin patch and participate in all the farm activities at the Shadow Creek Pumpkin Farm in Midlothian.
19. Enjoy a fall festival or “trunk or treat” at a local Church.
20. Make frequent trips to bookstores around town. Don’t bookstores just feel fallish?
21. Grab a blanket and enjoy a family-friendly movie at Klyde Warren Park.
22. Speaking of Canton, now that the weather is cooler, shop for some antiques and furniture at Canton Trade Days.
23. Make a day out of the Dallas Farmers Market. Don’t forget to buy some mums at the nursery outside the Farmer’s Market.
24. Pick up a big pumpkin at Calloway’s Nursery fall harvest event and carve it for your doorstep.
25. Go on a Fall Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt!