Let’s face it, we can all get in a rut when it comes to planning a fun date night. Or maybe you want your significant other to do the planning for a night out. Just send this article and you’re good to go.
Here are my favorite types of dates to do with my husband — and a few options of each to take the guesswork out of planning those nights to reconnect, look in each others’ eyes, and take a break from the kids.
Take these options or use them to get the ideas flowing for what works for you and your significant other. Book your babysitter now and go have a date night!
If you’ve got energy to burn or want a break from the normal dinner date, here are a few ways to burn some calories while you’re spending time with your significant other. Endorphins are also good for helping you connect after date night to burn some calories . . . yep.
- Bowlounge or Bowl and Barrel have great food to go along with a night of bowling.
- Run or bike at White Rock Lake and then grab dinner and drinks at either White Rock Ale House or Lake House Bar & Grill. If you’re closer to Uptown, hit the Katy Trail and then Katy Trail Ice House afterwards.
- Top Golf is a no fail, too! Plan your date on half-price Tuesday if you want a budget-friendly option.
- You don’t need a heart rate monitor or sneakers, but you’ll be actively making your cuisine at the Central Market Cooking classes. Our favorites are knife skills, sushi rolling, and the grilling courses. Eataly is another option for cooking classes!
>> RELATED READ :: A Tour of Eataly in Dallas <<
One of the best things about Dallas is our art and entertainment. There are always new shows and exhibits to enjoy on your next date night.
- In case you missed it, the Dallas Museum of Art has free admission! A great day date option is to grab lunch from a food truck in Klyde Warren Park and then make your way over to the museum. It’s always cool in the summer — a perfect escape from the heat!
- The Meadows Museum at SMU is one of our city’s hidden gems. It’s also free on Thursdays after 5:00 p.m. Hop over to Mockingbird Station or take a quick walk to Snider Plaza for dinner afterwards.
- Cool Thursday’s at the Dallas Arboretum have been one of my favorite ways to enjoy live music since I moved to Dallas, and I still love it. Tickets can be hard to come by as many concerts sell out, but I often see people posting them on Facebook. Pack your cooler with your favorite beverage, some charcuterie, and enjoy. Don’t forget a blanket or lawn chairs!And, Safari Nights concerts at the Dallas Zoo are back this year, too. I am planning to make a family event out of it, but I could also see this as a great option for a date night.
- Hit up The Wild Detectives bar/bookstore for one of their special event nights -from concerts to poetry readings.
The Sports Fan Date
- You can’t go wrong with a trip to ballpark to see The Texas Rangers or the Frisco Roughriders. Now that Globe Life Field has a roof, I can talk my husband into going in the summer months. And, the Roughriders stadium is just the cutest.
- No tickets? No worries. Just being at the Star District in Frisco will get you excited for football season. With so many restaurants and activities to enjoy there is something for everyone and a game will probably be on a screen somewhere. We love City Works and are fans of the crab fondue and peanut butter snickers pie.
- Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie has lots of special events this summer. Put on a cute dress and some boots, channel your inner Beth Dutton, and enjoy.
>> RELATE DREAD :: Summer Date Night Ideas for Connecting with Your Partner <<
The Progressive Dinner Date
Pick a location with several options when you feel like exploring a variety of cuisine. Start with appetizers and a fun cocktail. Then, switch locations for your main course. Finish somewhere new for a dessert and/or after dinner drink. This makes it almost feel like three dates in one!
My ideal option for this would be at The Hill!
- Wok Star Chinese for crab and ceese rangoons and a specialty cocktail.
- Bellagreen for my favorite shrimp salad.
- Pop Factory for a cold treat.
- Finish up with a night cap at Civil Pour.
Single? Or just want to hang out with your girls and need some ideas for a night out – I’ve got you covered here.
What’s your favorite date night option? Let me know in the comments.