Summer is just around the corner and many of you may be wondering how to turn the heat up in your relationship! Following last year’s summer of quarantine, I’m excited to get back into the swing of things with regular date nights with my awesome husband.
Check out my summer date night itinerary
- Backyard Rendezvous: This summer, I am totally looking forward to backyard dates! Fire up the grill, pour a glass of wine, and enjoy a night under the stars in your own backyard. Backyard dates are a simple, inexpensive way to enjoy your significant other without breaking the budget. A good night under the stars can also spark an awesome conversation that will leave you both feeling more connected and ready to tackle life as a team.
- Lakeside Picnic: The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex has several lakes you can enjoy! Pack a themed picnic lunch and plenty of cool beverages and head outdoors for a lakeside picnic date night this summer. You’re sure to find incredible views and outdoor activities such as flying a kite or cloud gazing can spark your fun and creative side leading to a deeper bond and lasting memories.
- Check out a live event: With several live event venues opening their doors again this summer enjoy a night out at a live event. While the calming relaxing tunes of an outdoor jazz festival or ambiance of an art fest may be alluring, also consider some activities that may excite your partner such as a night at the drag strip or a sporting event. Dallas has plenty to offer so you’ll definitely find something that works for the both of you!
- Head to the rooftop: Take your love to new heights this summer and check out one of several different rooftop venues this summer. Rooftops offer bars, restaurants, pools, and more along with breathtaking views. Get all glammed up and be sure to take plenty of pictures as a reminder of the night out.
- Weekend Getaway: Got the entire weekend to yourselves? Head out for a romantic weekend getaway! Dallas offers several getaway locations within a short driving distance with everything from tiny cabin rentals, wine tasting venues, casinos, and more. Be sure to pack according to your destination and enjoy some much-needed and well-deserved time away from home!
Date nights are an excellent way to reconnect with your partner and enjoy activities that strengthen your bond. Regular date nights are important and don’t have to be expensive or incredibly time-consuming. The most important part of any date night is choosing an activity that you both can enjoy.