Father’s Day is right around the corner. If you’re like me, you might be slacking a bit on shopping for the special guy in your life between swim lessons and summer camps…
Father’s Day always tends to sneak up on me after the Mayhem of May and the start of summer, but I do always love an opportunity to help my kids pick out something for their dad or spend a little extra time and thought on a gift for grandfathers, godfathers, and other influential men in our life! I personally see Father’s Day as a day to thank any supportive male role model that has helped me, my kids, or my family become the people we are today.
It takes a village, and whether you are celebrating the biological father in your life, a supportive uncle, your husband, or a close friend who feels like family, Father’s Day is a great day to show your appreciation.
15 Father’s Day Gift Ideas for the Father Figures in Your Life
Father’s Day gifts have come a long way from the days of DIY paperweights and department store ties. From matching shirts to Bluetooth speakers, get the man in your life something he will use and appreciate on a daily basis. I love gifting useful gear so that the recipient is reminded of just how much I love and appreciate them each time they use it!
- Matching Daddy & Me Shirts from Rhoback
- Front Pocket ID Wallet from Saddleback Leather (my husband has this wallet and has used it for years!)
- Bose Bluetooth Speaker
- Theragun Mini (a great starter size!)
- Lightweight Camping Hammock
What’s better than a one-time gift? A gift that comes every month. The subscription box options are endless these days. You can even have some of NYC’s best pizza delivered to your front door every month! Subscriptions for the constant coffee drinker, the cocktail enthusiast, avid reader—there’s a box for any personality type and dad in your life.
- Sock Fancy Sock Subscription (You can even get a pair of personalized socks with your face, your child, or your dog!)
- Blue Bottle Coffee Subscription
- The Bookshelf Shelf Dad Book Subscription (Books picked out by the shop owner’s dad for the dad in your life!)
- Goldbelly Monthly Pizza Subscription
- Saloon Cocktail Kits
Memory making is one of life’s greatest gifts. I love the idea of giving a gift card or future date with the special man in your life to be enjoyed together! Drive fast cars together or experience a tour of Dallas from the skies—just make sure you take lots of pictures to reminisce over later!
- Cooking class at Eataly Dallas (I recently did a pizza-making class with friends, and it is a great experience!)
- Drive Xotic: Test drive exotic sports cars.
- Thursdays on Tap at The Perot Museum
- Cool Thursdays at the Arboretum
- You Take Flight: Plane & Helicopter tours of Dallas.
Gifts are always a great way to celebrate someone, but I would never want to pressure anyone into spending unnecessarily if it’s not in the budget right now. I think the gift of time—like planning uninterrupted quality time doing something your special guy loves or writing a handwritten note can mean much more than any physical gift.
Happy Father’s Day to all of the men helping raise and influence the kiddos in our lives. It takes a village, and the gift of positive male role models is one of the greatest gifts of all. I hope all of the men in your life feel celebrated and loved this Father’s Day and every day!