Baby, it’s cold outside.
Cold weather always makes me want to curl up inside a movie theater with a nice bag of buttery popcorn. Whether you are looking for a nice spot to catch up on one of the Awards Season movies for a date night or interested in an afternoon matinee with the littles, check out this roundup of Dallas’ best movie theaters:
1. Inwood Theater: This historical theater on West Lovers Lane has couches! Need I say more? The downstairs auditorium was remodeled in 2008 with couches, loveseats, and LoveSacs. The first-floor space also holds a private drink stand inside the theater. You don’t have to miss the movie while you get a soda or a cocktail. And speaking of booze, if you’re on the town without the kiddos, check out the theater’s martini bar. 5458 W Lovers Lane
2. iPic Theaters – Sherry raved about iPic Theaters in Fairview here on Dallas Moms Blog a few years ago. In short, there are different tiers of Premium seats with the ultimate experience including pillows and blankets to go with your plush reserved seats. In addition, upscale food is served so you can multi-task and save money on babysitter hours while you are out. 321 Town Place, Fairview, TX
3. Angelika Film Center – The Mockingbird Station independent theater is a win-win for everyone. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 1:30pm, the Angelika offers a Crybaby Matinee where the lights are dimmed, the volume is low, and a changing table is provided in the theater. Kids under 5 get in free with the purchase of an adult matinee ticket. Don’t have the kids? Mockingbird Station is a great evening setting for a quick dinner or shopping before you catch the show. 5321 E. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 230
4. LOOK Cinemas – I’ll admit I’m somewhat of a food snob and usually turn up my nose at many of the dine-in movie theater choices. That’s why I was thrilled to learn that LOOK Cinemas sources their in-theater food from The IVY Kitchen, an adjoining upscale restaurant. Now, we are talking. Get more info about LOOK on a recent DMB review here. 5409 Beltline Rd
5. Magnolia Theater – Location, location, location. You can’t beat the prime real estate known as Magnolia Theater right smack in the middle of the West Village. The theater’s proximity to great dining makes it easy to grab a drink or a dessert before or after your show. The Magnolia is known for its independent films and a popular spot to catch a lot of the Awards Season nominees. 3699 Mckinney Ave
6. Galaxy Drive-In Theater – Yes, the theater is in Ennis, but it’s oh so worth the drive. Laura shared her love for a drive-in experience in this post. Drive-ins work for a date night or a fun family event of all ages. If you are in the infant stage, try sticking your baby in the carseat and start driving. There’s a good chance you and your hubby will get a night out with your child sleeping soundly in the backseat! (Good luck.) 5301 West Interstate 45 Service Road, Ennis