This post has been sponsored by Reliant. All opinions are 100% our own!
Turn off the lights when you leave the room. Take it easy with the A/C in the summer. That’s about the extent of my attempts to manage our electricity bill. I basically have no idea what’s going on with our usage. You?
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a better idea of this stuff? So you can make adjustments and save money without a lot of hassle?
Reliant is doing a new thing that can help us with this problem. Right now, when you sign up for the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan, you’ll get a free Google Home Hub (the new 7″ smart display that includes Google Assistant). Here’s what it can do:
Besides the usual fun stuff we can use a Google Home Hub for (play music; ask it how old Tom Hanks is; watch videos; get the latest on weather, traffic, sports, etc.) we can ALSO use it to get a better idea of what’s going on with our electricity usage via visual displays.
Just say “Hey Google” to manage your electricity usage in a smart, visual way.
- “Hey Google, ask Reliant, how much electricity am I using?” You’ll even get an estimate of your expected weekly electricity charges.
- At any point during the month you can ask “Hey Google, ask Reliant, how much is my bill?” instead of being surprised by it every time like I am now.
- You can set a reminder for Google to notify you automatically when your free weekends with Reliant begin (FYI, it’s 8pm Friday to Midnight Sunday).
- If you have a Nest thermostat, which seamlessly connects to Google Home Hub, you can control your temp with commands like “Hey Google, make it warmer.”
And here is something that is so The Jetsons, and I love it:
- Create personalized daily routines, so you can then just say “Hey Google, good morning.” This will launch any programmed reminders, the day’s weather forecast, commute updates. You can also set up an evening routine and say “Hey Google, good night” to lower the thermostat, turn off lights, and much more. That’s such an easy way to manage your electricity usage and bill.
I looked up a whole bunch of outside reviews for Google Home Hub, and it’s legit. It’s easy to set up and integrate with your other devices. The touch screen is what sets it apart. You can even use it as a digital picture frame so all those cute kid pics aren’t languishing on your phone!
If all this sounds good to you, the next step is simple: sign up for the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan and receive a Google Home Hub at no cost by visiting www.reliant.com or calling 1-866-Reliant.