This post has been sponsored by myKIDSdds. All opinions are 100% our own!
Pandemic life is quite the adjustment. We’ve been moving through all the stages, learning how to live with it, and learning how to get things done safely.
One part that makes me feel better? Knowing that the places I have to go take this as seriously as I do. I spoke to myKIDSdds recently and felt so good hearing about all they do to prioritize the safety of everyone involved, especially our kids.
If you haven’t read up on the importance of pediatric dentistry yet, or why myKIDSdds is a great choice (like Brooke’s “What to Expect at Your Child’s First Dental Appointment“), then I recommend doing so right away. I cannot emphasize enough how different a pediatric dentist experience is compared to what we had growing up. And I say that as someone who had a kid-friendly dentist. MyKIDSdds is so much better!
Here’s how they’ve upped their game to keep everyone as safe as possible right now:
• They hired Beyond by Aerus to come out and install new air purification systems throughout the office to help kill bacteria and airborne pathogens.
• Every 30 minutes they disinfect all areas of the office.
• Appointments are scheduled with consideration for maximum social distancing. And they’ve implemented new pre-appointment and check-in protocols (ex: text to let them know you’ve arrived and they’ll tell you when the waiting room is empty and ready to enter; COVID-19 screenings prior to appointments; quick temp checks and screening when you and your child arrive).
• Staff in the back are decked out in PPE, and all staff wears scrubs, changing into fresh ones if they leave/return to the office for any reason.
• Everyone over age 2 is required to wear a mask (not during the exam, obviously).
• Frequently touched items like toys and magazines have been removed from the waiting area, and extra attention is paid to sanitizing high-touch surfaces like doorknobs, etc. Hand sanitizer is stationed at the entrance and around the office.
“…our dental office is going to be one of the most sanitary places you will visit. We are, always have been, and will continue to be, extremely diligent about maintaining sterilization throughout our office and encourage you to keep your appointment if your family isn’t at risk of contributing to the spread of COVID-19.”
As much as we’d like it to be otherwise, we can’t press pause on cavities and oral health. But you can rest easier knowing that myKIDSdds takes every precaution to keep you and your family healthy.