Have you been participating in Dry January? Are you experiencing the health benefits? Maybe you’re doing so well that you’ve decided to extend it another month or two? If so, you need some new mocktail recipes.
Let’s start with what Dry January is: Dry January or “Dryuary” is a month when many people voluntarily stop drinking alcohol after the excesses of the holiday season and start the new year on a sober, clearer, more refreshed, healthy note.
Dry January also gives you a chance to get creative with your beverage choices. With so many people taking a month off (or longer) from drinking but still wanting to be social, non-alcoholic alternatives have become a much more prevalent way to keep the party going, so to speak. I recently discovered The Mindful Mocktail on Instagram. She makes new recipes for each holiday, and even big-batch servings for when you’re the host. Below are two of my recent favorite mocktail recipes:
2 Mocktails to Try for Dry January (& Beyond)
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup soda water
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Scoop passion fruit pulp into a glass.
- Add lime juice and stir well.
- Fill the glass with ice, then top with coconut water and soda water.
- Stir again and taste. Prefer it sweeter? Add a little sweetener of your choice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and edible flowers.
- Orange juice, chilled
- Alcohol-free sparkling wine or ginger ale, chilled
- Orange slices or strawberries to garnish
- Add equal amounts orange juice and non-alcoholic sparkling wine (or ginger ale) to a champagne flute.
- Garnish with sliced orange or strawberries.
Dry January is all about making healthier choices and knowing that you can still have fun and enjoy the celebration with a delicious mocktail in hand. Cheers!