Summer is the favorite season of our household but there is one specific tradition that we look forward to more than anything-Sunday mornings at the Splash Pads. My family does have one specific favorite splash pad, however we enjoy exploring the different ones available in Dallas and the surrounding areas.
1. Klyde Warren Park-It is no secret that Dallas Moms Blog contributors love Klyde Warren Park, however the park really takes it up a notch with the various water features available to find some relief from the Texas heat. Unless we are there during a weekday, personally I find the kids area a bit too crowded but luckily the fountains in front of the Muse Family Performance Pavilion is a wide open space that I have even been known to jump in a cool off a bit. Open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
2. The City of Dallas has ten different splash pads, with the Ridgewood location on Fisher being our family favorite. The Ridgewood location was closed last Summer and had a complete renovation-we stopped by opening weekend and were delighted to find a brand new splash pad and park equipment. For a complete listing of Dallas splash pads, check out their locations and individual hours-with a few exceptions, most are open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
3. I have written about my obsession with Sweet Mix before. During the Summer, this is another one of our go to destinations, not just for dessert, but while my husband and I are enjoying our shaved ice or crepes-my daughter can run around in the fountain feature across the street. There have been times where my four year old has the entire place to herself, but on occasion it seems like every Richardson family has the same idea that we do. Located at 1811 N. Greenville, Richardson.
4. Addison Circle Park-I appreciate the shade this park has to offer along the fountains and shallow water area that the kids play in. Another thing this park offers that I am looking forward to is their August Cinema in the Circle series-every Saturday night in the month of August they will be playing a family adventure movie under the night sky. Open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
5. Celebration Park in Allen-I personally have not been out here yet but Dallas Moms Blog owner Krystal wrote about this awesome park a couple of Summers ago. This park is huge and has both a splash pad and great playground-which is important for my family if we want to maximize our time at the park. Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily except Wednesday when closed for maintenance. Update: The splash pad will be closed from June 24-July 1st for this year’s Market Street Allen USA Celebration.
6. We don’t normally venture this far up North often, but after researching splash pads to visit this Summer we will absolutely be taking a few field trips to visit The City of McKinney’s seven different splash pads. I’m most excited about being able to special trip for our furchild to visit their dog park that has a splash pad for the furry family members! Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m daily.
Have I missed your favorite splash pad? We are always looking for new ones to try out!