UPDATED: October 13, 2020 to reflect current sales.
Did you know that experts believe holiday shopping has already started? After 8 months of quarantine and Shelter-in-Place, we’re ready to have a sense of “normalcy”, and hope the holidays will provide a little sense of comfort and familiarity. While we’re waiting, why not go ahead and get a little shopping done and cross that off the task list so we can enjoy all the fun that we know the holidays will bring?!
Stores have picked up on this eagerness and anticipation and have switched gears to help you shop early and save.
The first big sale? Amazon Prime Day on October 13 & 14th! (I mean, what a better way to celebrate accomplishing your civic duty by voting early than with a little shopping?)
We’ve combed through all the ads and deals, and found our FAVORITE Amazon Prime Day steals. Some of them will make GREAT gifts and some will be perfect to keep all to yourself. But no matter how you choose to use them, we know you’ll get 1) a lot of use from it, and 2) a great bargain!
10 Products You Will Want To Shop On Amazon Prime Day 2020
Before we jump into the sales, a couple of tips to snag the items you want.
- You have to be an Amazon Prime Member to shop the deals! Click here to become a member. Try it for 30 days free, and if you still don’t like it, cancel risk-free!
- If you know in advance what you’d like to buy, click “Watch This Deal” on your Amazon Shopping App. It will send you a push notification when the item goes on sale and takes you straight to the item.
- Prime Members who shop at Whole Foods or use Amazon Fresh (as well as Amazon Go or Amazon Go Grocery, Amazon Books or Amazon Pop Up, and Amazon 4-star) can receive up to $50 in Amazon.com credit to use on Prime Day by earning the “Spend $10, Get $10” in-store offer.
- Finally, don’t forget to also shop through Amazon Smile on Prime Day! AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible purchases to the charity of their choice.
For the Home
The lowest price we’ve found for this same item is $159.99. If you’ve been on the fence about a robot vacuum, this is the time to snag one. This Shark version includes the SharkClean app so you can control it from your phone AND works off voice command through Alexa or Google Assistant.
Originally priced $219.99, Amazon now lists this as $149.99 (+ free shipping & free returns). *This sale ended 10/13/2020.
I know, I know. Moms aren’t supposed to want things like “vacuums” for their birthday’s or Christmas, but for some of us. We do! And this is a STEAL of a DEAL! Bissell has products up to 47% off during Amazon Prime Day, and this particular vacuum has the maximum markdown AND had incredible product reviews across all sources (not just Amazon reviewers). Originally priced $349.99, you’ll find it on sale for $185.99.
I’m a huge fan of “adaptive foam” mattresses. If you haven’t tired one, you should! They’re not only incredibly comfortable — whether you’re a firm sleeper or a soft sleeper, but they’re so affordable compared to spring mattresses. One of the best foam mattresses on the market is Tuft & Needle and they’re now 20% off on Prime Day, this will be one of the best mattress deals you’ll see from any store all year. The NOD ranges from $275 for a twin to $495 for a King, and with the 20% discount will drop those down to $220 – $396. GREAT deals!
The 2nd Generation version is now $69.99 from $99, and it’s well worth the price if you don’t feel like you need all the bells and whistles. OR the new Ring Video Doorbell 3 is 30% off bringing it down to $139.99 from $199.99. This new version is just an upgrade from the Ring 2 with features like improved security and connections to Alexa.
Gift Giving Ideas
The Kindle Paperwhite is the perfect gift for any reader in the family. It makes picking up a book easy and simple. Normally, the Paperwhite retails for $129.99 (with ad-support), but we expect it to drop down to $79.99; a $50 savings!
Kids love to read too! Be sure to also check out the Kindle Kids Edition dropping from $109.99 to $74.99; a $35 savings.
And while you’re in the gift-giving mood, new customers will receive the KindleUnlimited for 3 months FREE with a new subscription!
The FitBit Versa 2 is one of our favorite products for parents. Not only does it help you realize how much exercise you’re actually getting during the day (and you feel better about yourself!) but it also becomes a part of your daily routine. Amazon Alexa is built in to help you stay informed, set timers, and control your home’s smart devices. You can also download Pandora stations for when you’re actually ready to get moving.
Original Price: $179.95. Prime Day Sale Price: $127.95 (almost a 30% discount!)
For the man who’s working on his tool collection, you’ll want to stay connected on Amazon Prime Day for the wide selection of Craftsman tools up to 40% off!
They’re staying pretty quiet about the specific deals you’ll see pop up on their Lightening Deals, but so far, the best value we’ve seen is the Craftsman Cordless Drill/Driver Kit. These are definitely power tools EVERYONE should have in their garage; whether it’s simply to fix the toilet paper holder when it falls off the wall OR a serious handyman by trade. It makes a GREAT gift and is currently $69 – down from $115. I doubt you’ll see this get any cheaper as we head towards the holidays.
Other great deals we’ve spotted, but much less exciting: Miter Saw Blades for almost 40% off. Original Price: $33. Prime Day Sale: $19.98. Would make a GREAT stocking stuffer!
What do you get for the person who has everything? How about a glimpse into their history?! The 23andMe Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service Kit (retail: $199) is expected to be $99, 50% off. This kit will take a look at your genes, ancestry, and traits + automatically generate your family tree using your DNA.
We originally shared this post BEFORE Prime Day began, so we wanted to provide a little update. Listed below you’ll find some of the better deals we’ve seen on this season’s hottest toys. You’ll also want to catch Amazon’s Lightning Deals
- Save up to 30% on Barbie & Hot Wheels toys
- Save up to 30% on NERF Toys
- If your kids LOVE Nerf battles, the Kids Tactical Vest is a fun one! At 20% off, it’s now $15.98
- Save up to 30% on Playskool, Sesame Street, and Littlest Pet Shop toys
- Save up to 30% on toys from Marvel, Star Wars, and more
- I genuinely don’t know what these are, but everyone seems to LOVE them so I’ll share. Specific Funko Pop! Disney characters are actually 33% off and marked down to $7.99.
- Save up to 30% on toys from Melissa & Doug, V-Tech, Battat, Hape, and more
- Melissa and Doug Wooden Toddler Puzzles make excellent gifts and you can save 23% off on a select variety making them about $16 instead of $20.
- The Alago Water Doodle Mat is a personal favorite of my kids and (when done outdoors) makes for the easiest clean up! It’s almost HALF PRICE at 49% off. Down to $19.99 from $34.99
- Save up to 30% on Outdoor and Ride-on products
- It doesn’t get more fun for a toddler than the Playskool Sit n’ Spin. It’s now 31% off. Original Price: $35.99. Amazon Prime Day Price: $24.99
- Save up to 30% on Games
- Another family favorite of mine is Exploding Kittens! It’s 35% off. Original Price: $20. Amazon Prime Day Price: $12.99. I’d absolutely buy it if we didn’t already have it!
- Connect 4, Chuts & Ladders, Ticket to Ride, and Candy Land are also available on Prime Day starting at $8.39 (30% off)
Just For Mom
Premium Beauty Products
We’re waiting to see exactly what products and brands will be participating, but Amazon has shared brands like Pureology, Nioxin, Philosophy, R+Co, Dermablend, Glo Science, NuFace, and Olay will all make an appearance on Amazon Prime Day with items up to 30% off!
This is a great opportunity to buy some of those brands as gifts for others OR stock up for yourself! We’ll be posting here what we think the BEST deals are on (or before) October 13. But just be prepared as we don’t want you to shop now for your essentials and miss out on those savings.
There may not be a lot of holiday parties this year, but don’t let stop you from finding a few fun, Fall pieces to add to your wardrobe. The Shop by ShopBop will feature unique dresses and Fall apparel from 15%-40% OFF. We’ll feature a few of our favorites to help you shop on October 13th.